Recognition of prior learning (RPL)
CSQ funding is available for eligible participants- enquire today; firstname.lastname@example.org
Construction workers with hands on trade experience can apply for their skills and knowledge to be formally recognised. Consideration will be given to your prior life and work experiences, as well as formal and informal training.
RPL may allow students to finish their course earlier, reduce their study load or take on additional modules leading to a second qualification.
The process is simple:
- Discuss your RPL potential with a Biga RPL coordinator and request a course outline
- Obtain an RPL application form from BIGA. email@example.com
- Read the course outline carefully. Match your prior learning to modules. Obtain evidence to support your application eg. past academic results, letters of validation from your employer
- Complete the RPL application form with attaching evidence
- Return the completed application to Biga
- A trainer will verify documents and arrange a site visit.
- The trainer will discuss your experience and align it to the units within the qualification.
- The trainer will inform you of the required gap training.
- Gap training can be through distance learning, onsite training or class workshop delivery.
- Request granted:
- Partial exemption granted:
Your prior learning does not totally match the module in the course. You may be required to complete an assignment, or undertake alternative study to gain credit for the complete module. Biga will assist you through the gap training component.
- Request declined
Your prior learning has not been recognised as relevant to the course. The usual study requirements of the course must be completed.
To find out if you are eligible for Recognition of prior learning (RPL) and CSQ funding
Contact BIGA on 1300-00-BIGA (1300 002 442).