Recognised Prior Learning (RPL)
Construction workers with hands on trade experience can apply for their skills and knowledge to be formally recognised. Consideration will be given to your prior life and work experiences, as well as formal and informal training.
RPL may allow students to finish their course earlier, reduce their study load or take on additional modules leading to a second qualification.
The process is simple:
- Discuss your RPL potential with a Biga RPL coordinator and request a course outline
- Obtain an RPL application form from BIGA
- Read the course outline carefully. Match your prior learning to modules. Obtain evidence to support your application eg. past academic results, letters of validation from your employer
- Complete the RPL application form with attaching evidence (see attachment below)
- Enrol and pay the fee for the proposed course
- Lodge the forms with Biga Training
- Attend class if required until your application is processed
- Request granted:
- Partial exemption granted:
Your prior learning does not totally match the module in the course. You may be required to complete an assignment, or undertake alternative study to gain credit for the complete module.
- Request declined
Your prior learning has not been recognised as relevant to the course. The usual study requirements of the course must be completed.
New national legislation.
To find out if you are eligible for Recognised Prior Learning (RPL) phone BIGA on 1300-00-BIGA (1300 002 442).